View Single Post
Old 11th January 2019, 13:55   #16556  |  Link
pepeq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthazar2k4 View Post
I am not sure what happened, but the latest Encoding Server will no longer open on my 9900K. It was working just fine until I rebooted the machine and now the process just hangs. Tried additional reboots with no success so I rolled back to 1.12.5.0 and it works fine. Anyone else experienced this?
I had the same problem when EncodingServer.exe changed from 1.12.6 to 1.13.0. And the problem existed also with 1.14.0.

I have 4 PCs (3x Win10 Pro and 1x Win7) and only one of my Win10-PCs had this problem.
EncodingServer.exe was started, the process existed, but no GUI/Window was displayed. It blocked also RipBot264.exe, when I tried to exit Ripbot264.exe.

I analyzed with Windows-taskmanager and found, that an already started process everything.exe (a fast NTFS-searchtool, see voidtools.com) blocked EncodingServer.exe. EncodingServer.exe was waiting for a not longer responding everything.exe process.
I don't know why, because the same everything.exe runs on all of my PCs and made no problem with EncodingServer.exe below 1.13.0.
I killed everything.exe and then EncodingServer.exe continued to run and its window came up.

The strange thing was, that this problem did not alway arise, but in about 90% of the calls to EncodingServer.exe. Maybe a Window-update changed somthing.

I updated everything.exe to the latest version and the problem has gone (until now).

Taskmanager showed the process-queue, see attachment.
Now EncodingServer.exe does not wait for another process and is ok.
I have no picture which showed the blockin queue, because the problem is gone now.

Conclusion: check with taskmanager if some other process is blocking the stalled EncodinServer.exe in your case.

Hope that helps.

Peter
Attached Images

pepeq is offline   Reply With Quote