View Single Post
Old 29th March 2016, 02:59   #213  |  Link
Asmodian

From your post I take it that:

The sum of the average stats "deinterlace" (if present), "rendering", and "present" should be a bit below the frame time in the line "v-sync [X] ms, frame [Y] ms" to avoid dropped frames and presentation glitches.

Did not tell you all this already? Everything covered in your post is what I was trying to communicate with that line.

I am having trouble understanding if you want any new information or simply didn't understand what I was trying to say with that line. Do I just need to rephrase it or add an entirely new section? Adding a new section will not help if the problem is with understanding what I wrote instead of actually missing information.

edit: Does this example I included help clarify it?
Quote:
The sum of the average stats "deinterlace" (if present), "rendering", and "present" should be a bit below the frame time, Y, in the line "v-sync [X] ms, frame [Y] ms" to avoid dropped frames and presentation glitches. For example, progressive 29.97 fps video has a new frame every 33.37 ms so "rendering"+"present" needs to be a few ms below 33.37 ms. 23.976 fps video has a new frame only every 41.71 ms so you can use more demanding settings with lower frame rate video. Exactly how far below the frame time is required for glitch free playback is dependent on the system but a few milliseconds is usually sufficient.

Last edited by Asmodian; 29th March 2016 at 04:48.
Asmodian is offline   Reply With Quote