Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2016, 17:13   #1789  |  Link
MysteryX
Soul Architect

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Out of curiosity, what plugins are you missing in VS? Also, are you aware it can load Avisynth plugins? I'm not trying to sell you a bridge or anything, I just believe you have a mistaken view of the state of VS.
This is one of the scripts I use for live playback at 432hz. This can't be done in VapourSynth.
Code:
P="Encoder\"
LoadPlugin(P+"LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin(P+"TimeStretch.dll")
file="INNA\In Your Eyes.mkv"
LWLibavVideoSource(file, cache=False)
AudioDub(LWLibavAudioSource(file, cache=False))
Preroll(int(FrameRate*3))
ResampleAudio(48000)
TimeStretchPlugin(pitch = 100.0 * 0.98181819915771484)
I haven't looked into what filters are or are not available in VapourSynth. RoboCrop to detect cropping isn't x64 compatible so I don't think that's in VapourSynth unless there's a replacement. If I crop the video and change the speed, I need to process the audio in the same way and I then call WriteToWAV and process the audio file separately.

As for "MT not working", I just realized something. There are two types of plugins out there. There are stand-alone plugins that just require a DLL to work, and there are "throw it all on the wall"-type plugins that depend on a chain of plugins that each depend on another chain of plugins. The first type is generally very stable with MT. The second type is not.

I was experimenting with SMDegrain and was surprised by the results, especially when combined with KNLMeans.

This did a great job on my SD videos and worked with MT.
Code:
SMDegrain(thsad=2000, contrasharp=true, lsb_in=true, lsb_out=true)
With HD content, it failed miserably. In fact I still can't get ContraSharp to run at all. With contrasharp=false, I can get it to work as long as MT is off, as MT causes deadlocks.

That's not an issue with AviSynth+ MT; but these plugins that depend on a whole chain of other plugins tend to be very unstable.