View Single Post
Old 12th January 2019, 01:01   #383  |  Link
Aperson

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterMeNL View Post
During part one there is the "Get basic AACS data" step. It prints out "AACS folder on disc is reachable - ValidateVUK is possible" and then the entire drive freezes. I have a 2011 SH-B123L. I noted that trying to copy MKB_RO.inf or MKB_RW.inf manually from the AACS folder causes the drive to lock up completely too, requiring Windows 10 to reboot. When running Linux on the same hardware copying these files works fine, but of course FindVUK does not work there. I have tried setting PauseBeforeValidateVUK to 1 but this did not change anything.

DVDFab itself can rip properly without locking up the drive, so I suspect the validation is causing issues. Could you add an option to disable/skip validation even if the AACS folder exists? Or is there something else I could try?
This sounds like the same issue I encountered when attempting to use FindVUK in a VMWare or QEMU VM with SCSI drive passthrough, I have not found a workaround, but I do know that DVDFab works because it does raw SCSI commands to the drive rather than accessing the filesystem. I don't remember fully, but I think that drive passthrough with a VirtualBox VM on a Linux host might've worked,
Aperson is offline   Reply With Quote