Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 20th February 2017, 12:03   #3051  |  Link
Groucho2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinterf View Post
Yes I am (and all of us, "supporters" are) interested.

How do you expect Avisynth to give error code on missing dependencies? By the means of debug log? Now if a plugin cannot be loaded (e.g. you put an x64 version in the x86 plugin folder), it does not prevent other plugins from loading properly so we can't raise exception and put a visible error message here. (or should we?)

I haven't checked your code yet, but isn't it slowing down the DLL loading process in general?
First of all, I would suggest additional checks only if a problem is encountered. For example, checking the correct bitness after the "there is no function..." is thrown is very simple and only takes milli/microseconds. You don't have to dig through my code, I'll send you the relevant stuff.

Checking for dependencies is a bit more complicated but I suppose you only have to do it after the dreaded "... Install missing library?" is thrown and it can all be tucked into one function. Again, I can send you the relevant code.

So, as I see it, none of these checks need to happen during the initial plugin enumeration and there would be no slowdown.