View Single Post
Old 20th July 2016, 17:57   #4241  |  Link
Mosu
MKVToolNix author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
Could the remove option be singular all the time, or singular when right clicking on a single item and plural for multiple items?
I'll look into changing the texts based on the number of items selected. I won't shorten those entries to a simple "remove", though. I actually did use "remove" once upon a time, but users (beta testers? Don't remember exactly) were sometimes confused. Therefore I opted to make the entries state explicitly what they'd operate on.

Contributing to the decision were the translators who had sometimes had problems with a simple "remove" (and similar actions, e.g. "add"). They wanted or even needed to translate those differently depending on what those actions would work on. Using the more explicit "remove tracks" solved that issue, too.

The GUI's not entirely consistent in this regard, though. You've already pointed out one example:

Quote:
In closing, I'd like to point out the right click option in the Job queue labelled "Edit in corresponding tool and remove from queue" isn't called "Edit jobs in corresponding tool and remove from job queue".
In this particular case I opted for skipping "job" as the entry was very long already.

That being said there are probably still entries that aren't consistent with the ideas mentioned above. "Open in MediaInfo" is one such example; it's used in both the file's and the track's popup menu.

If I ever ask you to upload something, please use my file server.