View Single Post
Old 8th March 2014, 18:30   #19507  |  Link
Audiophile1178

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I looked at it. The M2TS files that aren't included when MIN_M2TS_SIZE=0 are the ones that have no video, contain IGS (with IGS_ENABLE set off), BD-RB has determined to be menus, or BD-RB has determined to be made up of still images (and AUTO_BLANK is off).
Jdobbs, I mean this in the most respectful way. I can assure you that BD Rebuilder has bugs in detecting m2ts files to encode. First, it's missing numerous files on X-Files discs but some of those files were still images so I'll give you that. Now, I'm working on Star Trek TNG Season 4 Disc 6 and it's missing m2ts files that are link to "Gag Reels" and "Deleted Scenes" which are 8 files that total 2.22GB in size. It's not just with this disc either. It did the same thing on Season 5 Disc 6. It also ignores all the m2ts files that are part of the "Episodic Promo" on every disc.

All of what I just named on the Star Trek discs don't correspond with what you told me in the quote above.

I wouldn't be bringing this up but there's just too many times that this happens for it to not be a bug. I'm thinking that many users don't even look in the STREAM folder to even see if BD Rebuilder is detecting all their files properly which is why this issue has been lingering around the entire time as it's not a new bug. Like I said before, switching to BD9 detects A LOT more (if not all) of the files than when it's on a BD25 backup.

If you want to fix this bug I can help assist you with it by providing you with the necessary source material to do tests on. PM me if you wish to proceed with this so that it can be arranged.

BTW, I'm aware that you want to work on full 3D disc backup but I can't see how you can go on further developing full 3D disc backup when full 2D disc backup doesn't work correctly as this bug will certainly carry on into that process.

Update: An interesting find that might help you diagnose this issue. When BD Rebuilder is set to BD9 it'll see the files that were ignored in the BD25 setting but it won't allow you to blank them as the option is grayed out. Anything that BD Rebuilder shows in the BD25 setting can be blanked in the BD9 setting but the files that were ignored in BD25 setting don't have this option in the BD9 setting.

Last edited by Audiophile1178; 8th March 2014 at 19:19.
Audiophile1178 is offline   Reply With Quote