View Single Post
Old 1st April 2015, 20:51   #777  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Wasn't it you who asked this same question last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberbeing View Post
Taken at face value, I'm not sure what can be done about that when the DVD has adverts and menus before the main title. You'd probably just need to shift the timings of the external subtitle to compensate for the discrepancy.
Did the behavior you describe still function as you expect with MPC-HC VSFilter (rather than ISR)? If it does, maybe this could be fixed. If doesn't, I'd suggest filing a bug with MPC-HC since I have no idea how they are handling this with the ISR and if whatever they are doing is still possible with external filters like VSFilter or XySubFilter.

I assume MPC-HC must either shift timestamps or reset the ISR on DVD folders, so external subtitles are not shown prior to the main movie starting. It may only be able to do this, since MPC-HC itself it actually managing opening and playback of the DVD. I don't really know. One solution could be for the Subtitle Consumer (i.e. EVR-CP or madVR) to automatically compensate the REFERENCE_TIME reported by RequestFrame if they are aware of the correction needed.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote