View Single Post
Old 7th June 2011, 12:00   #8047  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by andybkma View Post
My laptop has an 8600M-GT video card and has the following ports on it: HDMI, S-Video and VGA. I have my external monitor hooked up to the VGA port and my projector to the HDMI port. I press Function + F6 and the video gets alternatively output through each port if a device is plugged into it (internal laptop video screen --> the external monitor (video output only through VGA port) --> the projector (video output only through HDMI port) --> back to internal laptop screen). Basically I'm just selecting the video display (device) on which to view the operating system desktop and thus selecting which video display device on which to view the videos I am playing.
Hmmmmm... It seems that the OS in this scenario doesn't tell applications about these changes. If you use an application (e.g. MonInfo) which lists the EDID block of the display, do you get different EDID blocks when you switch displays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvrkuth View Post
How can I do that? I have Panasonic TX-p42g20e
Do you have a meter to measure your display? That's a requirement if you want madVR/yCMS to calibrate your display.
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote