View Single Post
Old 7th June 2011, 12:22   #8049  |  Link
leeperry
Kid for Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
leeperry wants rules for primaries, too, so that makes at least 2 people. I guess I'll implement it sooner or later, but not too soon.
Oh, I thought this was the current scope...OK, I can wait
Quote:
Originally Posted by janos666 View Post
I would never ask or even accept money for a calibration if the overal result of my changes was worse than the default state
Quote:
I don't even use 3DLUTs anymore because they make a very slight difference and the slightly off state looks subjectively better or me.
You seem to have gotten used to the colors of your uncalibrated display...some ppl don't like D65 and use D75, some others use Reclock@25fps even though their display fully supports a 24Hz multiple. At the end of the day, what truly matters is your own satisfaction.

Surely, D65 and 24Hz take some time to get used to...and I've got a hard time believing that a calibrated display would look "worse" than uncalibrated. Crushed whites, dark blacks, FUBAR gamma curves...blueish/greenish teints....you can't fix those w/o a colorimeter. Either you learn the tricks of the trade and buy an Eye One, or you call a pro and pay for it.

It'd be like asking a pro to tune a POS old car, and then complain that the results of his work don't quite meet your expectations.

Quote:
you mentioned Samsung... Did you see their latest PDPs?
Nope, I've got no interest in Samsung whatsoever...I'm only interested in the high level of expertise Joe Kane provided them w/ on those high end DLP projectors. We need to learn from it, and get it all embedded within mVR.

Last edited by leeperry; 7th June 2011 at 12:24.
leeperry is offline   Reply With Quote