View Single Post
Old 1st November 2016, 15:24   #59  |  Link
mdalacu

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
Just gave this new version a test run on my old WinXP computer, this is what I found:

I used an FFmpeg build by Sherpya to be able to use libfdk_aac. The hidden option in the INI file to use libfdk does work, but only for constant bitrate mode. For VBR mode the parameters for libfdk are different, see this page:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Encode/AAC

For using libfdk it would also be useful to let the user decide if he wants the low pass filter or not (specify the cutoff frequency).

The new "ETA" display does not work here, it always shows 0:00:00 on my machine.

Cheers
manolito

//EDIT//
On my Win7 64-bit notebook using the latest Sherpya FFmpeg build from July 2016 the "ETA" display works just fine. On the XP machine it must be either WinXP itself or the older FFmpeg build which causes the ETA display to fail...
Hi, you are right....i have corrected the vbr thing for libfdk...it is a bug in ffmpeg it should work passing the q parameter but it translates it in a wrong vbr value.
The cutoff option is a big change for me ...so i skip it for now, the cutoff frequency is dinamically choosen by ffmpeg. You can manually enter it in More settings/ Other (-cutoff:a 18000), it works for Bulk mode too.
The ETA thing...you need a ffmpeg version that displays "speed" in encoding output..(>3.0)

I have uploaded a new version, same link. You don't need the ini modification for now, just choose AAC FDK...i will think of something else to hide it.
Please, can you test it?
Thanks.
mdalacu is offline   Reply With Quote