View Single Post
Old 23rd February 2010, 20:57   #1177  |  Link
MilesAhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
I cannot exactly understand if it is a problem: have you choosen to hard-encode the subs or not?
No. But I got a small hard-coded sub and a large selectable one. As I said, if you turn subs off, you get the small hard coded sub. If you turn them on, you get both. I demuxed the video and played just the video stream in a player to verify the subs were burned in. The hard sub checkbox was not checked.

Quote:
Take note that sup format already contains the graphical info (it is a bitmap-type subtitle format). If you want to change colors/font/etc. you have to re-encode the sup.
It's a file pair. There's an .ifo and a .sup. For example if you use DVDSubEdit to load a .sup, it will immediately pop open another dialog for you to load the .ifo part of the subtitle pair.

I got similar results with SVCD2DVD and DVDAuthorGui if I only have the .sup file. Which leads me to believe the .ifo file has some color conversion or other information that's needed.

edit: FAVC only supports .srt files, but I looked through the produced scripts and batch files. I calls SubtitleCreator and uses both the output .ifo and .sup files in the muxing. The .ifo must be there for a reason.

edit2: in case anyone else is using BDSup2Sub.. you can export the palette in text format for PgcEdit. After DVD created you can load in PgcEdit, then load the palette. That will give you an idea how the original colors were. You can still then change white subs to yellow or whatever if you want. It just helps avoid guessing which color in the CLUT goes to which part of the subtitle.

It is pretty fast to make the change. I'm just kind of curious why so many authoring programs seem to ignore the .ifo component or what the issue is.

Last edited by MilesAhead; 23rd February 2010 at 22:32.
MilesAhead is offline   Reply With Quote