View Single Post
Old 10th February 2014, 21:28   #8  |  Link
rik1138

The BD-J programming tool, if it's designed to do Blu-ray BD-J, would make the BDJOs for you, and you just import them into Scenarist. (Kaleidoscope did this, I'm pretty sure DoStudio does as well).

BDJOs aren't encrypted or anything, you can grab one off any disc and import it into Scenarist and look at what it's settings are. The HD Cookbook tools can also convert BDJOs to readable XML and back to binary.

I don't have Scenarist in front of me right now, but creating a fairly generic BDJO in Scenarist isn't too hard. It just needs to know the name of the JARs it should have access to, the folder names in the JAR folder it should have access to, and the Org ID.

In addition, it contains UOPs for Title and Top Menu while in the Java title and disc unbound status (this can allow the Java code to stay running in the player when you eject the disc, frequently seen on multi-disc episodic TV show sets).

The tricky part would be getting it exactly the way you want for your application, but as I mentioned, hopefully the programming environment will create it for you.
rik1138 is offline   Reply With Quote