View Single Post
Old 4th September 2016, 18:48   #9  |  Link
Hgp3

Hey Guys,
thanks to your help I made some progress. So far I got a "testing version" of the first episode as I wanted it to be.

Quote:
The amount of labor required to get the audio from a PAL release to match the video from a NTSC release is NOT worth it, you will constantly be finding another episode where the starting point was a few frames different between the releases, even if you manage to get the durations to usually match by slowing down your audio.
Surprisingly as it seems now I am very lucky. The release i got is constantly 4 frames earlier (I made a dirty stackvertical avisynth script and skipped through some scenes of episode 01 to prove this.) and I don't have big problems matching my stuff to it.

Quote:
Subtitles could possibly be adjusted/restamped using BDSup2Sub.
Thank you for leading me to this, adjusting the subs was really easy with the conversion options. Only thing is that I experienced a bug with the delay option. Every time I "Ok" this, it lowers the delay by one frame (in my case from -166.833 to -125.122).

The audio was a bit complicated and I'm not satisfied with the procedure. I used audacity (and it was bitchy ...) and used the change speed filter. Then I cut the first ~167ms away and exported to flac (for testing, I don't want to stay with 330MB of audio). After telling audacity to not convert the 5.1 track into mono it came up with channel mapping. Using this information, I mapped the channels this way. Is that accurate?

For compressing the audio I want to use opus (Mapping 5.1 surround: front left, front center, front right, rear left, rear right, LFE source) for being as good as every other codec at high bitrates and being open source. Any thoughts of you or tips how to encode are welcome.

Quote:
maybe a program with better resampling should be used but that's it.
Do you know a software that is better and/or easier to use than audacity?

tl;dr
made a test with first episode and got everything right, still unsatisfied about audio editing and looking for correct audio encoding