View Single Post
Old 5th February 2018, 22:00   #7  |  Link
Mike Chen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupan View Post
I was hoping that there was some way to upgrade, downgrade, or patch areas of the firmware via the serial console.
No, none of it is possible via UART. But all you ask is actually possible via other means. For example all firmware versions (including the latest one, with disabled vendor commands and ATA extension to access SPI flash) do allow reading the same debug data from the ring buffer using vendor commands.

Quote:
Would you be willing to share what you know of the binary protocol (if anything)?
I never cared enough to actually fully decode it, but trust me - it is useless for most part.

Quote:
Can you confirm the remainder of settings for the serial interface, including data bits, stop bits, parity, and flow control?
I do not know . If you really want I can decode the initial handshake bytes from your firmware, so you can check if you are getting the right data. There is however one useful thing you can do with the serial header - I'm not ready to discuss it publicily yet, but if interested - please PM me or better write to mike@makemkv.com .
Mike Chen is offline   Reply With Quote