View Single Post
Old 29th September 2018, 19:30   #980  |  Link
cyberbeing
Broadband Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telion View Post
I checked it and no, in b751 they don't (unlike the b746) - thanks again, that's a very nice improvement.

That's not always the case. For example, when there appears a top dialog line positioned with {\an8} along with a regular bottom dialog, the latter moves back but indeed gets repositioned again when the former one ends. But when there are any signs positioned with {\pos}, the bottom dialog lines never get repositioned again even when all sign lines end and there is nothing on the screen except a regular dialog without any markup. I'm mostly concerned about this issue because currently I need to switch subtitle tracks back and forth after each sign as a workaround to restore the repositioning. Is this madVR's fault or XySubFilter's one related to the hard unmovable tags mentioned in your list (and what's the difference between soft and hard, btw)? Can something be done about this issue now, without the burden to implement an independent handling of ASS lines? I hope it should be quite simple to fix and it'd be a great improvement which would really make such support a low-priority cosmetic improvement.
You seem to be correct. As soon as typesetting line appears, all dialog lines after that point are not moved by madVR.

After adding some logging, that particular problem does seem to be an XySubFilter bug. See if the following build fixes it for you:

https://www65.zippyshare.com/v/3kMnxuRc/file.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
If the behaviour is different depending on ASS tag then I don't know how to fix it. Probably something in XySubFilter then.
I'll send you the changes later, so you can look it over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarad View Post
The same problem existed in build 746.

I can't upload a small sample because the problem arrives only when I open dvd with "open BR/dvd" option in mpc-hc. I must uplaod at least some files and a entire episode for that open dvd/BR function in mpc hc works. I can upload a 1gb file if you want.

If I open vob file, subs are displayed but color of subs are strange
Could you also test XySubFilter 3.1.0.705 BETA2 & XySubFilter 3.1.0.744 BETA3 to see if either of them work.

If it works in 3.1.0.705 but not in 3.1.0.744, then it's probably related to when Animated VobSub Support was merged in.

A small sample of the vob would still be useful, since the problem is likely related to those same subs going missing with "open BR/dvd".

Last edited by cyberbeing; 29th September 2018 at 19:50.
cyberbeing is offline   Reply With Quote