View Single Post
Old 14th October 2018, 06:21   #27837  |  Link
MrVideo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathe View Post
I've never quite grasped the 1440x1080 thing... I THINK it has something to do with the shape of the pixels, I'm not sure. Is that natively a legal AR for Blu-ray, or if you import an MKV file with that AR into BDRB, will it simply automatically add borders to bring it to a full 1920x1080?
1440x1080 is a legal 4:3 HD Blu-ray format. Therefore, all players must handle it correctly, IFF the video file flags it as 4:3. If it gets marked as 16:9, then it will get stretched to fill the screen (though not strictly legal).
Quote:
In other words, if I were to take that MKV file and run it through TSMuxer into a BDMV folder, I think I tried that before and my OPPO just stretches it horizontally to fill the screen instead of rendering it in the proper 4:3 AR. What exactly does BDRB do with a file with that AR? I've never been able to figure out how to place an MKV file with the 1440x1080 AR into a BDMV folder and have it play properly without re-encoding it and adding borders.
What does mediainfo report about the MKV file? What does mediainfo report about the M2TS file that BDRB creates.
Quote:
And if that AR IS legal for Blu-ray, then why won't my OPPO display it properly if I just mux it through TSMuxer into a Blu-ray format? Do I have to change some kind of 'flags' or something, and is that what BDRB does? Can someone explain that to me. I've never really understood that...
No idea. We need more info about the MKV and M2TS files that you are attempting to use.

Last edited by MrVideo; 14th October 2018 at 06:27.
MrVideo is offline   Reply With Quote