View Single Post
Old 3rd July 2017, 17:24   #160  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

OK, I understand. It is possible to easily add a new VOB (a cell with a new VID) because it's an independent VIdeo Object (you call it "segment"), and despite the fact that it is in the same VOB files, after other VOBs, it is totally independent and self-contained. But it is not as easy to add a new cell to an existing VOB (with the existing VID and a new CID) because the cell must be a part of the same continuous stream, with continuous time codes and a lot of links between the new cell and the previous cell. And many tables in the IFO must be modified as well. Again, that requires a full featured video editor, that PgcEdit is not.

For the same reason, you cannot simply change the VOB/CELL ID of a cell to magically link it to the other cells of the previous VOB. In fact, I think that to do it, you may have to re-encode completely the video, or at least process it through a specialized muxer that can concatenate several VOBs. IMO, even the excellent muxman is unable to do that, and I don't think that such a muxer exists. Perhaps VideoReDo? (But you will certainly lose the DVD structure.)

Sorry again, but what you want is far beyond the scope of PgcEdit.

Last edited by r0lZ; 3rd July 2017 at 17:34.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote