View Single Post
Old 20th September 2019, 05:38   #7  |  Link
hello_hello

If Audacity knows where to find ffmpeg, it'll import audio from most file types, and it should be easy enough to mute it and export it again. All that'll be left to do is combine the silent audio with the video into some as yet unknown container/file type.

It hadn't occurred to me to try it until now, but if you normalize the peaks to zero percent with Avisynth you get silence. MeGUI will convert just about anything, and it's audio encoder configuration lets you normalise the peaks to any volume, even zero.
There's GUI's dedicated to re-encoding audio and/or video and combining them again in a new package, but I've no idea if they'd have a silent audio option. Something like this: https://www.videohelp.com/software/rebox.NET

Foobar2000 has an Amplify DSP (which for reasons I don't understand is called "Amplify" instead of something like "Volume" or "Gain" or "I Swing Both Ways"). It can only reduce the volume by 20dB, however you can add as many instances of a DSP to the conversion chain as you like. Five at -20dB should give you silence.

Last edited by hello_hello; 20th September 2019 at 05:43.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote