View Single Post
Old 29th December 2010, 18:30   #102  |  Link
Peer van Heuen
SlySoft Team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post

Are all these alternatives pertinent to just bypassing the BD+ warning, or are you describing some of the possible requirements for overcoming the entiirety of the BD+ protection? (as it sounds to me, although I know nothing about the intricacies)

No, it's really JUST the removal of that FW warning, I'm talking about.
Imagine the scenario: there's a disc with a hunk of Java on it that controls the flow of the disc with menus and whatnot.
Somewhere woven into it, there is code that communicates with the BD+ engine (the more recent BD+ discs do that throughout the movie).
Now, if BD+ already has been removed, that Java code will panic, because OMG, where's my BD+? Gone? No one to talk to.
This part needs to be cut out or otherwise be silenced or made happy - even BD+ has the desire to be happy.

So flipping those bits will not help.

With many older BD+ discs it's easier, as this BD-J part only runs once before the movie starts, then it launches the BD-J object that contains the movie itself. So simply removing the BD+ object in the BDJO file will do the trick. That's what you are seeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by setarip_old View Post
BTW - how often do you wake up in the morning and wish I could stay in bed instead of removing BD+ firmware warnings?
If you had bought an AnyDVD license some time in the past, you either could or I would. Every morning