View Single Post
Old 29th July 2018, 06:23   #97  |  Link
johnmeyer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradwiggo View Post
If blu rays have a constant frame rate though isn't that better?
Your clip did not show any variable frame rate, even though, before I looked at the clip and only knew it was animation, I thought there might be frame repeats.

So, just to be perfectly clear: the video clip you posted IS constant frame rate.

When I say the issue is frame rate, I mean that the reason you think it is not smooth is that it is only 24 frames per second. I already explained in detail why 24 fps often appears jerky, and that you need to get to 60 fps, either progressive or via interlacing (29.97 interlaced) in order for the eye to perceive motion as being smooth.

The only way to get smooth motion without making the video fuzzy (which frame blending will do) is via motion estimation which, as has been discussed for two months (first five weeks at Videohelp and the last two weeks here), will never give you a pleasant outcome because you are going to create too many weird artifacts. The slower the initial frame rate, the worse the result, because there is such a big temporal gap between frames that the estimation can't bridge the gap without mistakes. This is why, if you start with 60 fps progressive, you can often get some remarkable super slow motion, without artifacts.

You are already going to lose snowflakes, and believe me, despite what you say, that will get very distracting.
johnmeyer is offline   Reply With Quote