View Single Post
Old 8th December 2019, 09:14   #1246  |  Link
writersblock29

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgfrisbee View Post
StaxRip has stopped hardcoding subtitles. I have try versions 2.0 to 2.0.6.0 and they all have stopped hardcoding subtiles.
Yeah, I ran into this tonight while encoding "Men in Black." After a bit of troubleshooting, I concluded that the problem lays with VSFilterMod, or at the very least it was worth bypassing it. Since I also have Ripbot264 installed on my system, I copied the VSFilter plugin from Ripbot's plugin folder... pasted it into Staxrip's AVS plugins folder... then edited Staxrip's AVS script so that it would point to it. It worked: the subs are burned into the video as expected.

If you try this approach, you can edit the necessary commands from Staxrip's filter editor. After placing VSFilter into your AVS plugins folder, open the editor and you'll see a command like, "TextSubMod (your subtitle file's path and file name.)" In my case, I replaced this text with:

LoadPlugin("C:\Users\write\Documents\StaxRip-x64-2.0.6.0-stable\Apps\Plugins\AVS\VSFilter\VSFilter.dll")
TextSub("F:\Men in Black.srt")

Of course you'll likely have a different file path than mine, but that's the tall and skinny of it. It's clunky, but it works!