View Single Post
Old 1st October 2015, 22:15   #40  |  Link
avih
Capture, Deinterlace

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalor View Post
I've never done anything with github - so in case I'm going open source I think I would simply include the source into the zip file of the application...
Using github (and any version control system, and git too) does have a learning curve to it, sometimes even a non trivial one, but I think you could benefit greatly from learning to work within such system.

Quote:
And as the list of features it offers is that short, I can't think of any third party interest to help with development
Apart from that Purebasic as programming-language isn't that wide spread at all - although it's a small application it still has ~5000 lines of code and also uses some winapi functions, so only the commercial purebasic edition can be used to compile the source code.
That's fine. The mere fact that you host your sources publicly is enough to give it more credit than some arbitrary binary by an unknown(?) developer. Of course, it doesn't guarantee anything, but it would be appreciated by users and developers alike. In your case, I really think it would be a good move.

Quote:
The main reason for going open source would be to make it easier to understand how the aacs decryption works - basically I think that 'basic' code is easier to read and understand than for example the code of the libaacs-library.
That sounds to me like a good reason indeed.

And while I don't need this tool myself, it does sound to me like a useful tool which is good to have. So do keep up the good work
avih is offline   Reply With Quote