View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2016, 12:00   #1616  |  Link
almosely

So, I just updated your launcher, made a screenshot before and after that and figured out, that the standard-value for the bit-depth has changed after the update, from 8 bit to 10 bit. That's it. And I tested a little bit more. If I change "encoder", "architecture", "variant", "mode", "quantizer/crf", "preset", "tuning" and "profile" and load a saved template after that, everything is reconfigered like I saved it in the template, but not the bit-depth - this parameter is back on 10-bit. I never use 10-bit to encode. I always encode in 8-bit.

-edit-

I tested a little bit more. It seems that the bit-depth was not been saved in the templates before the update, because now I changed the bit-depth, saved a template, loaded an old template (bit-depth changed to 10 - your new standard value for this parameter), loaded the new template (bit-depth changed to 8). Okay, I will update my templates, then it should be okay.

And ... is there any possibility that your updater will not stress my firewall and fingers next time with around 10-15 clicks to allow your updater to work and complete? I have to click that much every time, because you use random and temporary names for every step in this job.

Last edited by almosely; 2nd September 2016 at 12:09.
almosely is offline   Reply With Quote