View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2018, 21:58   #5  |  Link
manolito

Well, you cannot have a basic understanding how AVStoDVD works if you never tried it...

Quote:
Eh... assume that I don't need it converted automatically. Assume I'm doing it in AVIsynth.
AVStoDVD uses AviSynth, and you can easily edit the script it has created.

Quote:
LOLWUT? You mean add assumeframebased() to the AVIsynth script?
Nothing like this. AVStoDVD takes the source properties from MediaInfo. For each title you can edit these properties, just select "Scan Type" and enter "Progressive" instead of "Interlaced". AVStoDVD will take care of the AVS script accordingly.

Quote:
:\ Although that does seem "easier", it removes too much human input from the equation. For example, I want to have control over the resizing method that would be used to convert 720x576 to 720x480:
One of the nice things about AVStoDVD is its versatility. Users can control the resize method globally under "Preferences", and after importing sources each title can be edited. The generated AVS script can be easily modified to use a different resizer than the one which was specified under "Preferences".

But you know, you can lead a horse to the water, but...
Do whatever you like, this was just my 2 cents, and I live in PAL country and I do know what I am talking about.

Good luck
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote