View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2020, 09:48   #405  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
Careful, that's really not how TFM works. TFM doesn't replace pixels. It replaces entire lines of pixels. The TFM help file is misleading IMHO. I thought it only replaced the small areas of the frame that have detected interlacing. Like it made a mask of the moving part and would leave the underlying image. I'm nearly certain that it replaces the entire line for any line that has has detected interlacing in it. So in content like this DS9 stuff it's basically replacing the entire frame even if you're using PP>=5.

It may even be replacing anything between the top most line and bottom most line that have detected interlacing in them.
If you look at the screenshots in this post you'll see I've used a script to show which pixels are being taken from the de-interlaced clip. A simple version would be this:

DeintClip = Tweak(Bright=200)
TFM(Clip2=DeintClip)

Most of the screenshots just show it taking specific pixels, but one of them shows it's replacing the whole frame, somewhat inexplicably to my eye, but the screenshot immediately below that one shows that with slightly different settings, it's only taking specific pixels. I think it may relate to setting the MI argument too low, although I haven't tested that, but the screenshots show it must be replacing just the combed pixels, and probably a small area around them, most of the time.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote