View Single Post
Old 27th October 2019, 03:05   #17609  |  Link
Pauly Dunne
Grumpy Old Man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
I think I know why they advertise that ssd as 3GiB/s+ ... They use ATTO benchmark with tiny file size (for example 256MiB)! This means that they are literally testing write/read on DRAM cache.
So it's all sales bullshit, then...that sux !!!

Just out of interest I went looking for a Youtube clip of a test of the Adata drive, and this guy (who prefers Samsung's), said the Adata's were quite comparable, and he showed some Crystal Disk Mark results of the Adata on some hi end MSI board (I think it was), ANYWAY, I noted the "numbers", and did a Crystal test on mine, and wasn't really that close...all I can think is there is a performance hit, having to use NVMe's via a PCI-e adapter.

Having said that, it was good of byteshare to contribute to the data, and the Adata is only a little "slower" than his "basic" 970's.

I also tried several different PCI-e slots, to no avail, and I created a "Spanned" set in Disk Manager, and run your test, didn't make a **** of difference, either...wierd thing, even though they were suppose to be spanned, when I ran the test, it only seemed to be accessing one "drive", not both (as per blinking led's)

Anyway, you get what you pay for forget the hype !!!

Last edited by Pauly Dunne; 27th October 2019 at 03:13.
Pauly Dunne is offline   Reply With Quote