Thread: VirtualDub2
View Single Post
Old 7th June 2017, 20:43   #299  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
It is how I attempt to manage screen space. Afaik preview always appeared to the right of filter GUI.
For me, it does not help when preview window overlaps other active windows, it does not help when preview extends beyond active monitor, and it does not help when I must move it manually each time over and over.
So these are problems I tried to solve. If you keep filter GUI on the left everything should be as planned.
Describe your idea, I will take it into account next time.
The whole auto resize on the preview window now is based on the position and size of the main window, which creates problems. What happen if my main window was docked on the left side of the screen? And my video resolution is 1920x1080? What happen if I shrink the main window so that it only shows the "input" screen? In all 3 cases the previewing method now will fail, the window will either look out of proportion or not show up at all.

Quote:
VD 1.9 series and older was capable of RGB32 filters only. Many old filters do not support anything else.
Not many filters in the wild support YUV, let alone 10 bit.
Some examples that work:
crop (null transform)
resize
flip vertical/horizontal
Ok I see, so this new version support higher bit in the filter chain, my 10 bit video stays at 10 bit input/output with "resize" and "flip vertical" filters, not "flip horizontal" though. And I found out that neatvideo haven't support higher bit depth on virtualdub yet.

Another question, I don't know if it has to do with Vdub. In the older version, if I was to load a vdub filter in Avisynth, I will need to convert the video to RGB32 before adding the filter, obviously this step won't be mandatory now with this newer version. So has the VDubfilter.dll in AVS+ updated to work with this newer version?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote