View Single Post
Old 12th September 2019, 04:19   #19  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stereodude View Post
I exported a UHD clip using VD2 and picked the lossless 8-bit x264 setting into either .mp4 or .mov and resolve didn't recognize it. I think I also tried a crf 0 encode that I did from the command line as well with no success.

I found some discussion on the blackmagic forum complaining that lossless x264 wasn't supported as well.

LOL "Not recognizing some video" is something people are very used to in Resolve. Very picky

- x264 lossless 8bit 4:2:0 , 10bit 4:2:0, 10bit 4:2:2, they all import
- tried some older archived lossless encodes from old x264 versions, they import too
- could it be resolution related? Nope , UHD imports too.
- tried re-encoding some videos with vdub2 , x264 8bit lossless mp4 with or without faststart , both work

But I've only verified so far that 10bit 4:2:2 is lossless in/out, partly because 4:2:2 is what the uncompressed export option is (You can do 4:2:0 => 4:2:2 => 4:2:0 losslessly in avisynth when using pointresize, but you have to account for the chroma shift)

Not sure what's going on . I should mention I'm on Resolve 15 still, because I'm in the middle of few projects, and I never upgrade in the middle of something
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote