View Single Post
Old 27th February 2017, 19:15   #41  |  Link
Hironimo

Hey there, Nalor.

I just recently noticed your tool that was partially inspired by me (blush), I only accidentally found it.

I tried it out after another tool to decrypt the disk produced a main file that was garbled with decoding errors.
It seems now that I tried to decode with your tool that it is a BD+ disc, and that is probably the cause.

I noticed an issue when handling a disc with BD+ protection (using Pavtube BDMagic):

Quote:
18:15:25 - Check if disc is BD+ protected

18:15:25 - Disc is BD+ protected!
18:15:25 - BD+ details - Date 2016.04.15 Gen 254
18:15:25 - Matching BDPLUS table file found >C:\Users\<username redacted>\.bdkeys\257B5EEC855AB389582B5C934D0C9D06\table< - Format: Pavtube
18:15:25 - ERROR! bluray_bdpfixuptable-BRFUT_ConvertPavtube2Convtab - ERROR! Cannot create directory >C:\Users\<username redacted>\AppData\Roaming\bdplus\convtab\<
18:15:25 - WARN! Converting of PAVTUBE to CONVTAB failed - carry on with pavtube file. Error >#FUT_ERR_DIR_CREATE (-807)
18:15:25 - ERROR! Couldn't get a matching fixup table - error >#FUT_ERR_DIR_CREATE (-807)
I did this with a console with administrative privileges, just to be sure.
After I created the directory in question myself, the process created the file in the directory and proceeded with execution.

I noticed some inconveniences of your tool:
When trying mode 3 or 4 it does not seem to be possible to provide an m2ts file, or even a drive letter that contains the necessary data but is not a BD drive, for that matter.
Mode 2 seems to work however. I don't understand what the difference between mode 2 and mode 4 is, though, as mode 2 scans and apparently decrypts the file too,
and that works, and 3 and 4 do not. Or did I understand something wrong?
It will either complain

Quote:
18:52:56 - >> Mode >2<
18:52:56 - >> DecryptDest >C:\Temp\<

18:52:56 - List of files being processed:

18:52:56 - Detected File >C:\Temp\Deadpool_encrypted\BDMV\STREAM\02577.m2ts<

18:52:56 - VolumeName: Main Win10
18:52:56 - Disc is not AACS protected (there's no AACS folder on the disc)
18:52:56 - INFO! no AACS folder on disc, so there's no decryption possible/necessary!
I'd like that it is possible to work on a BD content that I copied over to a directory on harddrive/SSD, and not available as disc directly or as ISO.
Btw, what is the tool of your choice to read the original BD into an ISO? I'd like a simple one that does the job but without being completely embedded in some GUI.

On another note, I got interested about he background workings of BD.
Can you explain what you know about blu-rays that are BD+ encrypted? How does it work?
Does that mean that basically any BD+ discs are not supported fully when you just have the VUK?

Also, is there good documentation that documents how Blu-ray Encryption and thus Encryption works,
preferably for someone who knows how to code, possibly interested to decrypt, but not going into
extreme detail.

I'm currently running a decryption run on one of my discs.
Btw, the disc in question apparently only has BD+ protection on the main m2ts file, the others worked fine just with plain BD decryption.
Is that common?
Hope that works out well, I'll possibly update if I run into more issues.

Last edited by Hironimo; 27th February 2017 at 19:19.
Hironimo is offline   Reply With Quote