View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 17:44   #28  |  Link
bobberty

I didn't see this one listed anywhere (although I didn't look that hard) but here's Michael Clayton HDDVD (US)

Code:
76C28577DDC0FE6A5B8841BE1EB08DBABBA5E7E6 = Michael Clayton                                      | D | 2007-11-20 | V | 4964E47A5121C7FC7E65D65F4FEEE108
I'm not sure if it's the combo HDDVD/DVD discs that are going bad with old age or what but this one has a corrupted file for the second part of the main movie. So I was only able to backup half the movie. I tried using a Xbox 360 drive and a LG BD/HDDVD drive. Same results with both.

My other non-combo discs seem to be doing better as this is the first corruption I've found. This disc doesn't appear visually to be bad though...no scratches or anything. It looks brand new. The other poster used the term "de-laminating" but I'm not sure how bad it has to be before it's obvious.

Over the years I only watched this one a couple of times in a standalone Toshiba HDDVD player. The last time I watched it it was okay. I haven't hooked up the Toshiba again to see if it can read the corrupt file or not. Anyway, I'm ripping all my discs before any more go bad.
bobberty is offline   Reply With Quote