View Single Post
Old 7th December 2017, 21:32   #6  |  Link
lansing

Quote:
Originally Posted by hello_hello View Post
All I can tell you at this point is if I open the "original" image in Irfanview and reduce the saturation by 128 I'm not sure I can distinguish it from the color finesse screenshot. That makes the vapoursynth screenshot a little darker than the "original" and I'm sticking with my rec.601 theory for the color mill screenshot, although converting the colours doesn't make it the same as "original", maybe just less different, so either I'm wrong or there's something else happening there.
The color mill differences maybe a bug in the filter itself, or that it just uses a different algorithm, just like the hsl filter in Photoshop/Premiere.

I also thought that maybe color finesse also uses a slightly different algorithm from the mainstream, but then you said Irfanview can produces an identical result...

As I dig deeper, I saw that GIMP is also identical to photoshop/premiere, and an online photo editor at befunky.com produces identical result to vs/avs/vd...

So there is like three different algorithms for saturation on the market right now?
lansing is offline   Reply With Quote