View Single Post
Old 29th March 2011, 22:48   #1  |  Link
Sparktank
47.952fps@71.928Hz

Bluray subtitles to dvd confusion

well after trying so many different programs and so many different orders, i finally figured out a way that works.
it definitely requires more than one program. This time, i've kept notepad open and everytime i saved a file, i created a new folder named after the corresponding program...

(Working with DVDFab)
1) Blu-ray movie to .m2ts (with internal PGS)
2) Demux with eac3to to get the subtitles as a .sup file.

3) Use the .sup file in SupRip for OCR and any corrections. (saves as .srt)
4) use easySUP to save as DVD SUB and screen size (for some reason, saving custom colors does not work)
5) Use SubtitleCreator>Manipulate

Use a screenshot from the converted video file (that is to be included in the final output)
Adjust colors/placement for all
Save, then open again to assure colors are saved properly.
May have to adjust twice.
Second time it opens, it may have red colors instead.

6) Mux to dvd.

The goal was never to output file into MKV or AVI, as none of my dvd/bluray machines can playback any of those formats.
And it's not option to upgrade my machines either. Nor is it an option to buy an external multimedia player.
Those are all options further down the road.

Right now, it's convert my bluray movies to dvd.
And only one thing stood in my way: converting bluray subtitles to dvd standards.

I have yet to figure out how to work with Bluray's IDX/SUB formats. It seems everytime I try to open either of those files in any subtitle program, I get "unsupported format" error. And if I do get it to open and convert into a working format, I still get the "unsupported format" down the road.

And set the proper Font size. It's not easy trying figure out what font size works perfectly for the movie without muxing everything and previewing.
None of the programs really load any movie. EasySUP always says "no video associated with subtitle track".
A lot of trial and error. A lot.

Last edited by Sparktank; 17th September 2011 at 01:16.
Sparktank is offline   Reply With Quote