View Single Post
Old 13th January 2021, 23:59   #1456  |  Link
aron7awol

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
I don't know any other tool we can use for measurement files, only this one (let alone the docs for it ).
Basically, these were the "offline" variant of the histogram on the OSD, that's why only the brightness and hue histogram data is in it.
Hmm, so if the measurement file doesn't actually contain the frame by frame data that we would need to get the pieces of data I listed in my sheet, then I guess we're stuck compiling most of it manually (and unable to get the rest of the data that I really wanted). Maybe once madshi gets back on the target topic we can get him to dump some additional data on the OSD or in a measurement file.

Quote:
Can you upload the measurement file somewhere? (e.g. 7zip-ed to wetransfer.com) Thanks
Sure, but I should probably do The Grinch rather than the random short episode I did just as a test

Quote:
Sky detection: thanks guys, then I remembered wrong, so it's not a bug I don't see any changes in the image here either.
(Btw, I used 700/60 because I switched off sky algo (=0).)
So, what values should we use for this during testing? 100, 20, 20, 20?
Maybe the 100 10 20 20 that Neo-XP uses? I know he's done extensive testing with it, and if that's not harmful for his lower nits I'm certain it won't be for us!

Quote:
About dynamic clipping: I'm certain that is indeed a bug there's no hidden meaning behind it.
Bug or not, the edge case I considered would be a real problem, but that's not to say we shouldn't be able to disable it when peak < DPL! After all, it's just an edge case. I'm just giving madshi the benefit of the doubt.

Last edited by aron7awol; 14th January 2021 at 00:04.
aron7awol is offline   Reply With Quote