View Single Post
Old 15th January 2021, 20:16   #1473  |  Link
aron7awol

Quote:
Originally Posted by QBhd View Post
I have no idea what you two are trying to accomplish! Were have a boat load of settings and they all do different things. It's all well and good to have an understanding of what the settings do and why they are there. But there will be no perfect combination.
I feel like it should be possible to make an algo that gets very close to hitting our ideal target on a particular frame, if we just figure out what exactly drives our preference on each "type" of frame. I would expect whatever it is that makes us choose one target over another will be there in the data if we just look for it. But first we need to know what target we actually want.

Right now the targeting is really only based on 3 things:
1. FALL multiplier (but is the relationship between FALL and a preferred target even linear?)
2. avgHL multiplier ceiling (but is using >100 nits as avgHL the best value to use, and again, is the relationship linear?)
3. Sky detection to ignore flat areas so they don't disproportionately bias the FALL targeting

It works pretty well as of now, but I think it could potentially be so much better.

Last edited by aron7awol; 15th January 2021 at 20:26.
aron7awol is offline   Reply With Quote