View Single Post
Old 12th December 2019, 01:12   #3287  |  Link
dr_ml422

Yes it's puzzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manolito View Post
This really puzzles me...
Using FFmpeg instead of Aften for audio encoding should not affect the video conversion at all. There must be something else going on.

The only way to find out would be to make 2 different conversions of a short clip, using your previous settings with Aften first and then using your new settings with using FFmpeg for the audio conversion. Save both log files and post them here.
After going to DVDVOB2Mpg's site and reading his explanation of how the DVD structure, mainly VTS Folders and their Vob files contain all sorts of data, and how this can easily get corrupt, I believe it. Especially after clearly seeing the results I'm getting with FFmpeg and DVD-9. The exact file when converted to .iso which should preserve everything, won't have Menu functionality and even not play sometimes. Sometimes fast forwarding it will bring up the main video, sometimes not. Now that same .iso when I convert back to a DVD VTS Folder using either DVD-RB Pro or Shrink, will not only play, it will have menu functionality and the timing also would come back, as with the .iso it was off as well. Kept posting a 37... minute for Full Video.

Better yet you run a video or short clip using Aften as Audio and then FFmpeg with the same Video settings which would be DVD-9 output, DVD Title same as Disc Label, and run the menu preview, then the Avisynth Frame Serving Check.

You'll see how crisp that resulting DVD will be with the FFmpeg Audio settings. I'm now having to go through my whole .iso collection and running them through DVD-RB Pro or Shrink to have a workable VTS folder. Also reason for the VTS folder is when burning and wanting to add it's high-def counterpart, it will burn as data only with the .iso. With the VTS folder I will get both my DVD and it's mp4 or mkv counterpart on the same disc size permitting, and when I play that DVD I will get playback from the VTS folder. Not with the exact .iso on that same disc as it'll not be burned as DVD video but data. Now on the PC that .iso will play from the disc, but only AVStoDVD will make the .iso alone functionable with menu. Using a disc with the PC is ok but kinda defeats the purpose of converting etc...
dr_ml422 is offline   Reply With Quote