Thread: Avisynth+
View Single Post
Old 19th August 2014, 01:27   #804  |  Link
qyot27
...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by macromizer View Post
If this was towards me, I would definitely agree that the two are not analogous situations and I wasn't meaning to make it seem that. Avisynth+ with what ultim and others have done has been amazing in kickstarting Avisynth activity again and what they have done is pretty awesome. My point is that I just worry that if everyone else ends up dropping out before ultim comes back that it's just going to suffer the same fate as IanB driving Avisynth alone. It's just so easy to burn out if you're a one-man development band.
No, it wasn't directed at you. It was directed at the 'there's not been an update in a month, so is it dead now? I guess I should move back to 2.6' types of responses from general users...because it started happening not *that* long into the slowdown in activity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by innocenat
Even then, because of how ssse3/sse4.1 code are interleaved with sse2, it is even quite more work than other project.
Do you mean there's SSSE3/SSE4.1 stuff in the functions with _sse2 suffixes in their names? Or just that all the different functions are all packed into the same source file? I assume it's the latter.

The thing I was getting confused about were the functions suffixed with _ssex and _xsse. I wasn't sure where to put those when splitting the files in convert/.