View Single Post
Old 6th March 2012, 14:29   #6  |  Link
hello_hello

Normally when opening a vob, file encoder software will include any sequentially numbered vob files by default (vts_01_01.vob, vts_01_02.vob etc), so opening the first one would cause the three which follow to be included in a single indexing/encoding job. Assuming four vob files make up a single movie, using software on a source made of four different vob files would be perfectly normal.
MeGUI does have a setting to disable autoloading of incremental vob files which will let you encode them individually (although if I want to do that I just rename them), however you'd then have to rejoin the individual AVIs anyway.

Does the audio delay change throughout the video or is it constantly out by the same amount? If it's the latter, maybe for some reason the audio isn't being muxed into the AVI with the correct amount of delay. You can open the AVI with MPC-HC and use the + and - keys to change the audio delay until it's in sync, then skip to another part of the video. If it's still in sync you can probably fix the AVI by remuxing it with the correct amount of delay (MPC-HC will display the delay amount in the status bar).

Do all four vob files definitely make up a single movie/title? When you analyzed the video before encoding what was the result of the analysis?
MeGUI has an option to "auto force film" which caused me a problem at one stage, partly because it changes the dgindex file when it does "force film". You could try disabling it and starting from scratch, re-indexing the file and running a fresh analysis, although I'm not sure that could cause the problem as being in PAL land I don't have to worry about IVTC all that much.

Are you 100% sure the DVD was ripped correctly? You could try opening the ripped files with DVD Shrink and using it's re-author mode to re-save (backup) the movie as a new set of vob files to see if that changes anything.

If all else fails, try using AutoGK. As much as I like MeGUI for x264 encoding I still use AutoGK for converting DVDs to AVI. It virtually never gets it wrong and even if I'm having problems converting a DVD to MKV with another program I fall back to running AutoGK on the same files and comparing the script it creates with the script the other program creates to see where they're not agreeing on IVTC/de-interlacing etc.
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote