View Single Post
Old 27th September 2019, 22:48   #28813  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipeAmadeuO View Post
Itīs strange that you do not make any MPLS change on full backup.
I tried to do a FULL BACKUP of a UHD disc without any change (kept all audio, subtitles and no vídeo encode) and MPLS and CLPI are very diferent.

The problem i face itīs that is a image shutter/problem when on the same MPLS it changes between M2TS.

See the exemple attached.
There are other changes that can be made... like when you only keep certain audio tracks, subs, etc. But they are all made to a copy of the original MPLS. So it will never likely be identical, but also doesn't change radically. I don't change anything that doesn't have to be changed. Most of that code hasn't changed in years.

The CLPI file, on the other hand is completely revamped -- it has things like tables of pointers to access units throughout the M2TS -- so when there is a reencode it has to be made to match the reencoded output. The HD/SD baseline CLPI it is created by TSMUXER, but for UHD there have to be many updates to make it compatible with the UHD spec so BD-RB creates it from scratch.

I'll look at your attachment when I get a chance.

If there's something wrong I'll fix it... I'm running some jobs to see if I can repeat what was reported. Unfortunately, though, each job takes many hours to complete... so it may be a while.

Last edited by jdobbs; 28th September 2019 at 00:09.
jdobbs is offline   Reply With Quote