View Single Post
Old 6th December 2021, 00:14   #62442  |  Link
flossy_cake

Quote:
Originally Posted by el Filou View Post
Does that mouse use the "Options" software? I have this software with my K830 and my MX Master, and it causes presentation glitches when it displays on-screen messages for Caps Lock or Battery Low, but I've never seen do it every x seconds. Try disabling the "battery low" reporting to see if maybe that's the cause. Or report it to Logitech (good luck, their support for bug reports is horrible). Downgrading the mouse software to an older version is also something to try, you never know.
I downloaded the Logitech Options software the other day and noticed its GUI contains embedded video which triggers LAV Filters to run in the system tray. I'd imagine it has something to do with that -- perhaps LAV is having to filter multiple streams at once.

I had a similar issue with Firefox and YouTube where I can only play a maximum of one video at a time otherwise I can get a few dropped frames every now and then regardless of CPU usage. Even if one of the videos is just a static image with music playing in the background, it still causes some dropped frames with the playback of the video in the active tab.

MadVR feature request: could we please get a hotkey added to the MadVR hotkeys for "toggle image enhancements on/off". This would be useful for media files which are a little on the soft side and I'd like to add a little sharpening to without having to dig through menus and then remember to turn it off afterwards.

Even better: could we have some functionality where we can place a video settings configuration file inside the folder containing our videos, which MadVR could use only when playing videos inside that folder? eg. suppose you have a whole season of videos which you want to add some sharpening to, then the user doesn't have to remember to toggle it on/off at the beginning of every video.

edit: just saw the tips.txt file which explains how to add tags to media files to automatically apply settings... it seems this may be possible with the [profile=] tag. But.. I've noticed an issue where the enhancements shaders aren't getting applied properly in full screen mode. Specifically, they are applied, but very weakly compared to windowed mode. So weakly that even at max values there is only a slight change in image. In both cases image is downscaled since the source res is higher than my display res (768p) so it's not a pre/post resize thing cause it's being downscaled in both windowed and full screen.

edit2: I'm now thinking it is a pre/post resize thing as I can't explain it any other way. Basically in windowed mode the MadVR enhancements seem to get applied pre-resize, while in full screen mode they are applied post-resize (which makes the enhancements extremely weak and pretty much unusable).

edit3: so I guess this feature request is for a checkbox on the image enhancements page to toggle between applying the enhancements pre/post resize.

edit4: I also observe the anti ringing and anti bloating filters have a much stronger effect when in full screen mode, which is suppressing the sharpening by a huge amount. With those 2 disabled, the result I observe is consistent with full screen mode getting the sharpening filters post-resize and windowed mode getting them pre-resize. Although I'm still not 100% sure if that is the explanation.

Last edited by flossy_cake; 6th December 2021 at 02:00.
flossy_cake is offline   Reply With Quote