Thread: Diving video
View Single Post
Old 12th June 2018, 13:28   #74  |  Link
WorBry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekh View Post
Looks like there is still a lot of residual tint, but can it be adjusted further without ruining everything else?
Green sea turtle from red sea.
I added another sample close to surface (2..3m)

Hard to say what forms the red stripes. It definitely belongs to landscape, not a lens flare.
There is same effect on the bottom sand where lighting transitions to shadow. I'm quite sure the sand is uniform. So I think it becomes red because of flaws in out correction method (I get the same with 6-axis color correction).

Thanks. I can probably tweak it some more with the Color Wheels to address the residual aquamarine tint, which of course impacts the turtle coloration as well. That's why I was querying the turtle species and expected coloration - although termed 'Green Turtle' the shell coloration is typically more brownish. I could also apply a secondary qualifier to diminish/offset that rust coloration on the rocks and the shadow cast on the sand, but it will be difficult to do so without impacting the warmer colors on the turtle in some way - difficult to isolate the turtle with a shaped mask ('Power Window' in Resolve speak) as it's passing in front of those rocks without tracked rotoscoping. Might have to strike some kind of compromise.

I also got a similar outcome with VDub2, applying the same Channel Mixer biases and adjusting with the '6-axis corrector' but I didn't spend much time on it. If I can get a better result tweaking the balance in Resolve, I'll have another go at it.

Only had time for a brief look at the other clips. A couple are pretty straightforward (the 'Snapper Fish' ones) but the others are definitely challenging - might have to get creative with those strong 'skylights' streaming in.

Last edited by WorBry; 12th June 2018 at 14:28.
WorBry is offline   Reply With Quote