View Single Post
Old 29th October 2018, 02:56   #43  |  Link
StainlessS
HeartlessS Usurer

Well deary me !, damn thing went all cock-eyed again, but we found the problem.

It was an install of Avisynth v2.60 standard that fixed the problem for me, and un-froze stuff.
Re-install of Avs+, brought back the problem, and after trying with "AvsMeter AvsInfo" (which was also Freezing its nadds off),
I narrowed it down to this plugin, "AvsFilterNet.dll" :- http://www.mediafire.com/file/4cf2fm...lemDLL.7z/file
Not sure which thread I got it from, maybe MysteryX thread, or the Avisynth_overlay [EDIT: AutoOverlay] thing (most likely I think, [in devs forum]).

Screws up only avs+, not avs standard. Strangely, I can load an avs in Vdub2, but not refresh (save and reload, freezes),
also slips AvsMeter a Micky Finn under avs+ (but not avs standard).

Here tis under avs standard:

EDIT: That was with otherwise empty plugins directory under avs+, the other plugs in image are installed via avs standard.
avs was just installed with avs+ plugins directory remaining in-situ.

EDIT: That is v2.60 avs standard which was ok (not 2.61 alpha, which I have not tried).

EDIT: With avs standard installer, got some kind of "did the program install correctly" type dialog box come up,
(I said yes), and no problems. Dont think same box came up with install of avs+, perhaps related.

EDIT: Just checked, same plugin dll installed on XP and is currently encoding a clip without issue (MeGUI/Avs+).
Perhaps there is some kind permissions problem contributing to the freeze on W7.

"Some infinities are bigger than other infinities", but how many of them are infinitely bigger ???

Last edited by StainlessS; 4th March 2021 at 19:37.
StainlessS is offline   Reply With Quote