raffriff42
Retried Guesser

Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post
Guess I'll have to do 2 encodes :/
Why??

Quote:
how do I tell if a plugin is 32 bit, 64 bit, or both?
Check the documentation which usually accompanies the filter. Assume 32-bit unless stated otherwise. A filter is always (in my experience) 32-bit unless the ZIP or DLL file has "64" in the name.

Quote:
32-bit AviSynth is refusing to load any of the 9 versions I tried.
What was the error message? Never mind, I'll try it:
Quote:
LoadPlugin: unable to load "<x>.dll", Module not found. Install missing library!
This is not a 32/64 bit issue. Let's go to the documentation:
Quote:
ReduceFlicker.htm
...All three versions of the plugin are dynamically linked and require msvcr71.dll (for Microsoft specific stuff) and AvsRecursion.dll (for recursion within Avisynth). If none of the above dlls works, probably one of these two libraries is missing.
Well where do we get this "msvcr71.dll"? Helpfully, the link is given in the Wiki page:
Quote:
...requires the Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86) to be installed.
(BTW, did you see the "x86"? That means it's 32-bit!)

So I installed the linked Redistributable Package (actually re-installed it) and got the same error message. Okay, this filter is being more difficult than usual. Microsoft Dependency Walker tells me "ReduceFlickerSSE3.dll" depends on AvsRecursion.dll (EDIT on re-reading the docs, I guess I should have known that; I thought it was saying the DLL was only needed if my script had recursion). The link is dead, but fortunately the Internet Archive has mirrored it. Unzipping the (4KB!) AvsRecursion.zip into the <install>\bin\VS2010 folder, and...success! No error message!

Last edited by raffriff42; 21st September 2016 at 03:40.
raffriff42 is offline   Reply With Quote