View Single Post
Old 4th March 2010, 18:54   #7127  |  Link
Capsbackup

jdobbs;
I have tested BD-RBV03205 on a full backup to BD-25 of The Matrix, Region A, with some interesting results. It has Dolby Digital 5.1 and Dolby TrueHD and PiP/DDPlus secondary audio, many subtitle tracks and 4 audio commentary tracks.
Test 1 was to keep only the Dolby Digital 5.1 main audio, all four commentary tracks and all subtitle tracks, and the PiP/DDPlus secondary audio. Removed only the non-english audio tracks.
Play back on TMT3 from folders and image has the mixed/garbled audio, as if it is trying to play both main and secondary audio at the same time. The original rip does not do this.
( Not a big deal to me, just reporting the find ) All subtitles work properly, including the secondary video/audio subtitle track.
PowerDVD 7.3 plays back fine.

Test 2 was to keep only the TrueHD and the secondary DDPlus audio, and only the two english subtitle tracks, the main and the secondary PiP video/audio subtitles, removing all non-english audio and the four audio commentary tracks as well as the many non-english subtitle tracks. ( about 700+MB of subtitle tracks and 748MB; four x 187MB ea. audio tracks )
Tested again with same software players and this time TMT3 plays audio perfectly for main audio track but when playing the secondary track, no sound is heard. Also, no secondary subtitle track displays.
PowerDVD, when played from image, works fine though for the main audio and the secondary video/audio! However, there are no secondary subtitles displayed regardless if I turn them on/off manually.

I know software players are buggy, and I do no more than test on them before burning to disc. But what I am wondering is by removing several subtitle tracks after the kept english main track but before the secondary video/audio subtitle track, from its original order, it appears BD-RB did not re-adjust the subtitle order or re-associate the secondary video/audio subtitle track to its new position when I select to play the In-Movie experience from the menu!
When all subtitles were kept, it worked properly.
Capsbackup is offline   Reply With Quote