View Single Post
Old 4th February 2014, 16:43   #19106  |  Link
dfsooner

Mr

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
I personally don't think BD-5/9 is a good choice for 3D. There are twice as many frames, so you're creating the equivalent of 4 hrs video for a 2 hr film. While it's not exactly 2x required bandwidth -- it's using the currently available tools. Add to that all the enhancements that X264 provides (that aren't available with FRIMEncode) and a BD-5/9 is really pushing the limit.

I'm not saying you can't create a presentable BD-5/9 -- but I wouldn't expect quality comparible to the original. I personally do all my 3D backups to BD-25 (except possibly imported half-SBS sources that have already lost a significant portion of their true resolution before the conversion).
Good news. Re-ran using BD-25 and all the artifacts are gone.

Looking at the parameter list options for FRIM, I assume it was designed to work with hardware encode/decode. However, running MVCENCODE.BAT produces a message that the parameters are invalid for Quicksync processors. I'm curious whether FRIM provides those parameters or BDRB. Is there no way to get that working with Quicksync? (Bet you knew you were going to get that question.)

Last edited by dfsooner; 4th February 2014 at 16:47.
dfsooner is offline   Reply With Quote