View Single Post
Old 9th September 2009, 09:23   #5085  |  Link
PurpleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by writersblock29 View Post
@Jdobbs

Is it conceivable that perhaps something in the Windows Updates might be what's throwing BDRB for a loop? I always keep my system as current as the OS allows, but I'm aware of several people (my wife included) who stick to the "why improve what ain't broke?" philosophy, and keep automatic updates turned off. This might explain why some of us report what others (using what on a forum appears to be similiar systems) don't have any issue whatsoever with. I'm more than happy to supply whatever information you feel might help. In all honesty, I don't recall a single hicup on Windows 7 X64 while I used it (after, of course, tweaking the directshow setting to allow FFdshow to run as it should). The only reason I've reinstalled XP X64 is that my Windows 7 Upgrade disk will be showing up in another month, and I needed something to upgrade FROM to install it.

If it means anything to you... the Braveheart disk works. It fails to show the menu buttons on PowerDVD9 (which is installed on the same system that's running Windows XP X64), but on Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre (which is on my HTPC), it's fine. Leaving it alone resulted in a very good BD9 copy--better than I expected with such a long movie.
Using Windows 7 x64, never experienced the issue as well.
PurpleMan is offline   Reply With Quote