View Single Post
Old 21st June 2016, 19:13   #53  |  Link
manolito

Sorry I have no idea...

You did not say if you just used ffmpeg.exe and ffprobe.exe from Sherpya's build, or if you used the files from my libfdk_aac plugin. If you used my plugin, then you are using a different aac encoder, and the plugin also intercepts and changes the ffmpeg command line. This will add a little overhead at the start of the conversion. If you check the "ffmpeg.bat" file in the plugin "Source" folder you will notice that it uses a nested "For" loop which makes about 160 iterations before actually calling ffmpeg.exe.

The reason I switched to Sherpya's builds is that I can use libfdk_aac instead of the ffmpeg native aac encoder.

I mostly convert captured TV content (DVB-T), and until recently my target format was DVD. But now I have a small streaming box (Xstreamer) which handles AVC/AAC clips, so I decided to change my target format to AVC/AAC in an MKV container. I tried a couple of different conversion GUIs for X264, and I found that dmMediaConverter meets my needs almost perfecty. The exception was the built-in aac encoder (I really do not want to convert the audio separately and then pipe the result into ffmpeg). I know that libfdk_aac is not as good as Qaac, but it sure is good enough for me (after removing the default low-pass filter).

Cheers
manolito

Last edited by manolito; 21st June 2016 at 23:23.
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote