View Single Post
Old 8th December 2019, 12:00   #58052  |  Link
Asterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus1189 View Post
It doesn't help, I tried it, and there is no way downgrade the firmware, Samsung support told me that.
Hmm. I feel bad now. It worked for me so it hurts to see somebody still suffering what I went through.

Here's an item that might randomly end up being important: After I did my factory reset, the TV flatly failed to identify my PC's port as "PC" or anything at all, even though it had zero problems with this on three prior occasions. (The only difference is that I initially had the PC plugged into the allegedly more capable HDMI4, and then swapped back to HDMI1. It failed in both cases though.) Perhaps this lack-of-identification might end up being a critical component of kludging a solution. I'll add that even though the device wasn't identified properly, I'm getting 4:4:4 color resolution regardless.

That said, now I'm having trouble getting madVR to change the refresh rate on the fly like it was doing before...

Okay, addendum: Even though I didn't reconnect the TV to wireless, it somehow downloaded its update in the background anyway and now I have to do it all over again. I suppose now we'll see if my luck repeats.

Edit 2: I was misinterpreting what I saw. The "factory reset" caused the phenomenon of the display not being recognized, which in turn caused it to start out at 24Hz rather than 60, and for whatever reason, during this post-reset window only, it was showing the full desktop. Changing the refresh rate to 60 and back caused the zooming phenomenon to return.

Last edited by Asterra; 8th December 2019 at 12:10.
Asterra is offline   Reply With Quote