View Single Post
Old 14th November 2013, 21:03   #18302  |  Link
AmigaFuture

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdobbs View Post
It turns out that the issue exists because the video was 1280x720 @ 29.97fps -- which is an illegal BD format. During video imports BD-RB is supposed to catch that kind of thing and make adjustments. It missed that one. I've added code so that the input is resized (during reencode) to 1920x1080@29.97 (which is a legal format). The other option would have been to change the frame rate to 59.94fps -- but I think that would be a less optimal solution.
I was really hoping the video would be left alone as to not degrade it any further. Even though iPad 2+ use a higher resolution, the actual quality isn't as good as it could be. If it were, though, a lot more data would be used on already small storage space. Mine is 64GB. I thought 1280x720 is legal for Blu-ray, but I knew 29.96fps isn't. I doubted there would be a way to change the FPS without reencoding. Still there was hope. Which explains why some other programs I tried making Blu-ray or AVCHD's with always reencoded.

Now I'm really curious and don't get something... Windows Media Player Classic shows this:

Original MOV: Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 29.97fps 10326kbps [Video]
Audio: AAC 44100Hz mono 63kbps [Audio]

Converted to m2ts during Import: Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 29.97fps [Video]
Audio: Dolby AC3 44100Hz stereo 192kbps [Audio]
Only the audio was changed.

From there clicked "Backup" and created Alternate MKV: Video: MPEG4 Video (H264) 1280x720 29.97fps [Video]
Audio: Dolby AC3 48000Hz stereo 192kbps [Audio]

Then copied both M2TS and MKV to the directory of my originals. Exited (for testing) BD-RB, and deleted the Imports and MKV from the Working Path.

Then loaded BD-RB again, Imported the M2TS and MKV then burned the resulting output and played with my LG player. The M2TS import produced the "stuttering" sound, but when switching, Disc Menu and Selecting, the 2nd, from MKV, played just as the original..without "Stutter". So, it seems the video 1280x720 is okay and I see 2 changes in the audio. Mono to Stereo and frequency changes that SEEM to have something to do with it. Perhaps a bug unnoticed as of, yet? A lot of wondering here. Is my LG player playing fine...something that should be illegal in the audio and not the video?