View Single Post
Old 13th October 2019, 21:42   #17523  |  Link
SKPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pauly Dunne View Post
Well, as I said, I'd like to have my 4K's at a "standard" of 60Mps, and again, as I've said, some have lower than that, some are higher, so for that I need to run them thru RB, even if it's video only.
This part makes no sense. You shouldn't be aiming for a specific bit rate unless you have a limited amount of space, and even then, should only mean lowering the bit rate. Encoding at a higher bit rate than the source video won't increase the quality, so there is no point in doing so; all you're doing is wasting space.

Quote:
One thing I would like to get around to doing is upscaling some 1080p to 4K, but do any filtering, etc, still @ 1080p, then once satisfied, do a 4K HEVC encode, and see how it turns out.
This is not a good idea. The more you encode a video, the worse the quality will be. So if you take the 1080p source, apply filters and encode it, then take the encoded video and encode it again at 4K, it will look worse than doing both the upscale and filters in a single encode. Every time you re-encode a video, you're losing data.
SKPN is offline   Reply With Quote